Information in english
We are Sörmlandstrafiken, the Sörmland public transport company. Here is everything you need to know to ride with us.
- Here you can read about the types of tickets available and how you can pay for them.
- You can buy your ticket directly on the buss from the driver, through the Sörmlandstrafiken app or from an authorised vendor – a shop or kiosk that sells tickets.
- You can also buy a travel pass.
- We can provide any information you need on times, prices, travel passes and tickets.
- We can help you find the ticket or travel pass that suits you best. If you need help, call Transport Information. The telephone number is 0771-22 40 00.
To receive help in person, visit our customer service centre, Kundcenter 360. Kundcenter 360 is situated at Resecentrum in Eskilstuna.
Planning your travel:
- There is a Travel Planner on our website. In the Travel Planner, enter:
Where you are travelling from.
- Where you want to go.
- It will suggest the best routes.
- If you need help, call our customer service centre. The telephone number is 0771-22 40 00.
- You can find bus schedules here on the website.
- Look closely at the timetable if you are travelling on a weekend or holiday.
- The bus schedule may be different from the weekday schedule.
- You can find a list of holidays on our website.
Access all information on your telephone
- If you have a smartphone, you can download our app. It provides all the information you need. Using our app, you can:
- View timetables.
- See when the bus comes to a particular stop.
- Search for and plan your routes.
- Buy a ticket and be invoiced later or pay with a debit or credit card.
- See all of your bus tickets.
- Take the bus to other regions.
Buy a ticket
Bus fare is different depending on whether you buy tickets or a travel pass. It depends on where you want to go and how old you are.
- These are for young people under 20 years old.
- You can buy student tickets from the day you are 7 years old until the day you turn 20.
- These tickets are also avalible for students, regardless of age, as long as you study at atleast 75%-rate.
- A travel pass is a credit card-sized card you can use to pay your fare.
It’s cheaper to ride the bus with a pass than it is to pay the ordinary fare.
The passes are only available through authorised vendors.
Most travel passes are not personal. You can lend your travel pass to someone else.
- If you lose your pass, you can easily get a new one with all the money and/or products still intact if your pass has been registered.
- Travel pass cards can be reused. Don’t throw your card away when you have used it up – refill it instead and you can use it again.
- It is cheaper to buy a travel pass than buy a ticket every time you ride the bus.
- Several people can travel at once on the same travel pass. When you buy a travel pass you decide the amount of money that you want the pass to contain. You can also buy a 30 day-pass or a day-pass. Se more information bellow.
- 30 day-pass This pass allows you to travel as much as you want within your zone of choice. This 30 day-pass can be brought with discount if you are under 26 years old or if you limit your pass to be valid only during off-peak hours.
- Day-pass With this pass you can travel as much as you want within your zone of choice for a limited number of days. You can choose to make your pass valid for one or three days. If you are under 26 years of age you can buy this pass with discount.
- Summer Vacation Pass is for young people aged 7 to 19. With a Summer Vacation Pass, you can ride the bus as much as you like within Sörmland.
This Pass is personal and cannot be lent out. Write your name and date of birth on the back of the Pass. When riding with a Summer Vacation Pass, you must always have a valid ID with you as well. If you save your receipt when you buy the card, you can get a new card if the old one should be damaged or lost. You can buy a Summer Vacation Pass from Station 360 at Resecentrum in Eskilstuna or from an authorised vendor.
How to pay
- On buses in Sörmland, you can pay with a debit or credit card. You cannot pay with cash. Choose the payment method that suits you best. You can:
- Buy one of our travel passes.
- Buy a ticket on your mobile phone using our app.
- Keep your ticket throughout your trip. If an inspector checks, you have to be able to show your ticket. If you do not have a ticket, you will have to pay a penalty of 520 kronor plus the price of the ticket.
How to buy a ticket on your mobile phone:
- To buy a mobile ticket, you need a smartphone. First, download our app. Our app is available from the App Store, Google Play or Windows Phone Store. Here are the instructions:
- Download the app.
- Decide how you want to pay.
- You can pay for your mobile ticket directly or with a debit or credit card. You can also choose to be invoiced. The invoice will be posted to you. It does not cost extra to pay by invoice. Another option is to pay throuh Swish.
- Buy your ticket.
- You may buy your ticket no earlier than 20 minutes before the bus goes.
Travelling with Sörmlandstrafiken
Terms of service
- Our terms of service include all the rules that apply when travelling with Sörmlandstrafiken.
The terms apply to all bus and train travel within Sörmland County.
They also apply when travelling across county lines if you have a ticket authorised by Sörmlandstrafiken.
- Remember that you are must be able to show a valid ticket at all times during your trip. If you are not able to to this, then you can be charged with a fine refering to the current terms and legal conditions.
- Please make sure you are at the busstop in time before departure. The bus can leave for next destination up to one minute ahead of scheduale if all the passangers are abord.
- Sometimes buses may be delayed.
If your bus is more than 20 minutes late, in some cases you may be eligible for compensation through our Travel Guarantee.
Children on the bus
- Two children under the age of 7 ride free together with a ticketed rider.
If you are travelling with more than two children, you must pay for each additional child.
- Tickets for children cost the same amount as a student ticket: half the price of an adult ticket.
- You can use a student ticket until the day you turn 20 years old.
- Children under 6 must be accompanied by an adult.
Free transfer to another bus
- If you have a valid ticket and are riding on a city bus, you can transfer to another bus line within one hour.
- Once a bus has left a stop, it will not stop to let passengers on or off.
When two buses stop at a bus stop at the same time, the rear bus will not pull forward and stop again.
- When a bus is parked at its terminus, you may not be able to board immediately. This is because the driver is on break.
- Buses stopped at their terminus may show a sign that reads "Ej i trafik" (not in service). This is because the driver has not had time to switch from the old sign to a sign showing the new destination.
Keep in mind
- We at Sörmlandstrafiken want everyone to enjoy riding the bus. It’s also important for it to be safe to ride with us. These rules will make riding the bus pleasant for all:
- Please give up your seat if you see someone who needs it more than you.
- Do not place baggage where it will be in the way or hazardous to other passengers.
- It is not permitted to smoke, drink alcohol, rollerblade or skateboard on the bus. You may not place your feet on the seat or other parts of the bus interior than the floor.
- People who are intoxicated or disruptive may be asked to get off the bus or not be permitted on board.
- You are permitted to eat on the bus if you do not make a mess or leave litter behind.
- You will be more visible if you use reflectors when it is dark. This enables the driver to see you waiting at the bus stop.
Animals on the bus
- Dogs, cats and other small pets ride free on the bus. They must be leashed or be in a cage or bag. You are responsible for ensuring that your pet does not bother other riders on the bus.
- If you are travelling with an animal, sit in the rear of the bus.
Prams, push-chairs, walkers and wheelchairs
- Prams and walkers are allowed on the bus if space is available.
They must not block the centre aisle.
- A bus cannot take very many prams or walkers.
- It is up to the driver to decide how many fit.
- If you are travelling with a pram, secure it with the straps provided for the purpose on the bus.
When you want to get off the bus
- Press the red button labelled "STOPP" when you want to get off. This lets the driver know you want to get off at the next stop.
- On some buses there may be different coloured buttons with different symbols. The symbol might be a pram, a wheelchair, a person with a cane or an eye.
- If you press one of these buttons, the driver will pay closer attention when you are getting off. It makes no difference which button you push if you want the bus to stop. When you press one of the buttons, check to see that the sign reading "STANNAR" (stop) is lit at the front of the bus. If it does not light up, press again.
- You can always ask the driver for help if you are not sure where or when you should get off.
Have a pleasant ride!